Sunday, July 10, 2011

Koholet's Law

by CWK



Valiant men lie plundered –
they sleep their last sleep.
Fools all gaze in wonder;
children wail and weep,
and I am left to ponder
the deep that calls to deep.

A valiant man, better than I,
I have lain in early grave –
whilst a mocker laughed, then lied,
gained in vigor 'fore he died,
and lived to marry babes.

I’ve seen the rich grow poor
in soul -- yet. rich in lands.
I’ve seen the poor, empty hands,
holding right when none else stands
(yet naked at the rich man’s door,
and begging crumbs upon his floor).
This I saw, and more;
I've seen it all, and I've seen it all, before.

Many die that deserve to live;
others live who should have died.
Many take who'd rather give;
others give, but find their gifts denied.

Many miscarry that deserve to bear;
whilst children are borne, uncared.
Some sire who are father's not;
some father yet in childless lot.

Many fail by reason of mistakes,
who otherwise were great.
Others rise on fits and breaks
who should have fallen in the wake.

All this I saw; I've seen it all.
I saw the strong, saw them fall.
I saw the weak; I saw the wise.
I saw the dead, undead, arise.
I saw it with my own two eyes --
I chased the truth past measure;
I chased the answers to the brink
of reason, love, and pleasure.
And this I say to those who think --
to those who wisdom treasure:

the world is not insane; the stars 
stay in their places. But God is far
above my mind; in mystery he walks.
And the mouth of man is full of talk,
but the heart of man is full of dark,
and corrupted deep with treason.
And a man should consider the end.
And for every thing there is a season;
And the mind of man cannot ascend
to grasp all Heaven's reason.

I chased the answers to the brink
of reason, love, and pleasure.
And this I say to those who think --
to those who wisdom treasure:

I find it hard to stand
on suppositions shifting, like the sand; 
but, this I know; I know this:
Fear God, and keep his commands.
This is the end of the matter;
the sure good that lies in within our hand;
this I know; I know this:
Fear God, and keep his commands.  
I am a fool, and can't even understand
this wisdom of man;
but, this I know; I know this:
Fear God, can keep his commands.    






No comments:

Post a Comment